home style photo dish weddings tables shop chicks

Monday, November 15, 2010

{Table} Kristin’s Table Transformation

Can you believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner? I always feel like the last two months of the year creep up on me and fly by before I even know what’s going on. That’s why I embrace simplicity when November rolls around.

Party2

I put together my first dessert table for our annual Halloween party this year. I really enjoyed doing it, actually, and have already sent out invites for a Thanksgiving dinner party in a couple of weeks. Because I don’t exactly have time to start from square one [who does?], a few modifications to my Halloween table is all it will take to get our Thanksgiving party ready for action.

Party1[3] 

Setting up the framework for the table is what took me the longest. I fiddled with the different levels and stressed about fitting everything on the table without it looking crowded. Since I finally came up with something I liked, why change it? The small details will change the entire table.

For starters, I’ll be changing all the blacks to browns. Orange and black are Halloween. Orange and brown are wonderfully Fall.

Making other small changes only complete the transformation. The blackbirds will be replaced with acorns; the black twig wreath exchanged for a wreath full of oak leaves and unshelled nuts; twine for ribbon, and burgundy, ochre, cream and brown for orange and black.

Kristin copy

WhipperBerryLogo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails