home style photo dish weddings tables shop chicks

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fall Cupcakes

I’m a rather non-traditional kind of girl.  When I think of Fall, I don’t necessarily gravitate to reds, oranges, and browns.   My mind tends to find it’s muse in rather odd places.  On our trip to Santee Alley I found this AMAZING fabric that just whispers the coming of fall to me.  The green, brown, and blue just seem to say, “It’s coming.  The end of the summer is near”.  Yesterday was my daughter’s thirteenth birthday and I thought it would be a fun excuse to make some fabulous, almost-Fall cupcakes to celebrate the day.


To begin, I found a fun pattern for cupcake wrappers from The Sweetest Pattern Shop on Etsy.  Love that cute shop!  I discovered some wonderful paper that complimented my AMAZING fabric, and got to work.  Here is the finished product…


4


 3 1


 WB 8


First of all, isn’t that fabric DIVINE?  I have mounted it on some canvas to hang on the wall so that I can look at it when I want to feel happy.  What makes you happy?  What makes you think of Fall?  I would love to hear.


In honor of Fall I am joining a Fall Frenzy Linky Party at Craftaholics Anonymous.  I can just feel the crisp Fall air, can’t you?  Go to Craftaholics Anonymous to check out all the fun!



Some exciting news to share!  Gabrielle Blair, a.k.a. Design Mom featured my Beaded Binkie Clips last week on her blog, and on Babble.com.  Can’t you just hear my squeals of delight?

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails