home style photo dish weddings tables shop chicks

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Pea in a Pod

I’ve been a cake decorator for a couple of years now.  I approached the art of caking like I do most things I want to learn about in life, I just started.  I made a lot of mistakes.  My first few cakes looked like they had boils beneath their fondant skin and I quickly learned that cake mixes make a cake too fluffy to bear the weight of fondant.   So I had sagging, pimply cakes.   But I didn’t give up! I kept trying new techniques and I eventually got to the point where I started selling my cakes.  I loved making cakes, and I felt like I was satiating my creative passion.  

Then I was introduced to the world of dessert tables. 

I just had to try one to see if it was as fun to create as it was beautiful to look at. I found the perfect opportunity by asking my friend if I could throw a baby shower for her.  We talked about themes and decided to go with “A Pea in the Pod”.  The shower turned out beautifully and I had great help from so many friends.  Heather took gorgeous photographs and we all enjoyed a fabulous evening.

  IMG_7403

IMG_7412  IMG_7435

IMG_7416 

IMG_7440 IMG_7460

IMG_7399

 

The following week, I submitted my table to Amy Atlas and she featured it on her website.  I really couldn’t believe that my first attempt at a dessert table was featured by the most famous dessert stylist I knew. 

amy-atlas-150-x-150

Needless to say, I have found a new passion, and I’m so excited to do more.

Whitney

4 comments:

  1. Your guys's (that is so UT) stuff is beyond incredible. I honestly forget to breath when I look at your stuff because it's like seeing heaven. That may sound like an over exaggeration, but for me heaven would be gorgeously decorated tables of goodies!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey. I saved this page a while ago and have been wondering how the paper lanterns supported the shelf. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails